Wednesday, April 20

Auntie Jen & Kirsten

We were so lucky to have J's sister Jen come and visit us for a few days of her spring break.

 (Being a good sport to pose for a goodbye photo at the airport)

We loved having her here, hearing about Taylor, wedding plans, and her job teaching and coaching. We tried to be outdoors as much as possible and let her soak in some of our lovely springtime sun. We shopped, walked to the yogurt shop, went to lunch with J, hiked, played tennis, saw the Easter Pageant at the Mesa temple, and talked, and talked, and talked.




I got to know Jen well in the 3 (or 4???) Political Science classes we took the year J and I were dating/engaged and I have appreciated her openness, her support, her encouragement, and her vivaciousness ever since. She is a wonderful girl and will make a fabulous wife on June 25!

I also want to give a belated shout out to Kirsten, J's other wonderful sister, who visited us for a few nights in March. She came with her beautiful new baby girl to attend the wedding of a friend and we got to enjoy the sweetness of a new little baby again. Kirsten is a loyal girl with a calming nature. She is a patient person who is relaxed and loving to all children. I am ashamed that I don't have one picture of their visit (what was I thinking!) but am grateful that we got to see her for a few days too!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I'm happy that she's getting married!

Sarah said...

Yay for such a fun visit! That's so fun that Jen could come down and play with you guys. It looks like you had a great visit!

Jen said...

Aww, thanks Jord. I loved visiting. You guys are some of my favorite people in the world. I love your girls SO MUCH! I'm loving seeing Ada's emerging personality-- a total sweetheart.

VFR said...

Good tributes to your sisters-in-law, Jord. I am so happy that you are such great friends with these great women.

The Davies Family said...

Love the family visits! I was just reading the short background info on you..you are so amazing! When are you planning on doing your marathon? or have you already? That is so great!

Mike and Marianne Grant said...

I love reading about (voyeuring?)my long lost cousins. I am Jacob's cousin Marianne and I wish we could have known each other better when we were younger. Let's try to keep in touch! Family visits are great!

Jenny said...

So fun that Jen could visit. I agree with all the sweet things said about Jen and Kirsten!