

I have a two year old who "yuvs" (loves) Dora the Explorer and everything to do with her. Thanks to the fancy marketing tricks of Dora's producers, we see here EVERYWHERE- on cereal, soup, band aids, cups, clothes, shoes, backpacks, kites, crayons, etc. and usually have to work on getting out of the store without any Dora material. Well, this weekend we are going on a much anticipated family trip to Disneyland. And I wonder, will the marketing schemes of the "happiest place on earth" be a match for those of Dora's creators? Will we come back with a girl who has forgotten about Dora completely in favor of Disney princesses? Or will Dora still win and Disney just be a memory of the past? I'm interested to see and will be back later with the results.
13 comments:
I am curious to see the outcome as well! If Anna was there we may just have persuaded Lauren into the dark side ;) I bet as Lauren gets older she'll get more into the princesses, but you never know :) They're on as much stuff as Dora is and I can't even tell you how much more Anna is into them since going to Disneyland. Katie even says Cinderella now and loves all things princess. Like I said, I'm so interested to see the outcome. I can't wait to see pictures of your trip!
PS- Lauren will LOVE the parades. Parade of Dreams, the Pixar parade and the electrical lights parade are all amazing and she will absolutely love them. That would be something fun for you guys to all meet up to do that everyone would love, too. And if you sit up at the front the characters will come over and wave at you, talk to you, etc. It's so fun and Lauren will love it! I'm sad we won't be there with you!
Oh and the playhouse disney show, she will love that as well :)
Down with Dora. Bring on Disney!
P.S. Don't you think Dowa is being a little immodest in that picture? Ha ha, j/k. Really, you need to be teaching your daughter to follow uplifting characters, like Jasmine (runs away from home with her lover), Belle (abandons her family for a more exciting life) and Snow White (lives with seven men--need I say more?).
Also, who is the princess in the pink dress???? I can't figure it out.
Make sure you take her to the 'meet and greet' that the princesses have..its all the way back by Toon town and Small world, but its totally worth it! We waited in line for a while, but then you get to have one one one time with like 4 princesses and they treat you like they have waited all day just for you!! Our daughter loved it! Cinderella even crawled on her hands and knees in that big ol dress to get down to our sons level and talk to him. IT was really cute! I love Disneyland!! We went a year ago in February. It was a blast..I'm sure she'll come back a princess.
P.S. the princess in the pink dress is Princess Aurora..AKA Sleeping Beauty.
Oh how fun!! Ryan and I agreed we would never take our kids to Disney Land, it's just over priced propaganda for the same rides and thrills they can have at Lagoon. Well, that was before we actually had kids we decided on that. Now, however, I am willing to fly down there for Emma's next birthday for an unfrogettable trip, that really, at age 3 she would only remember if we have adequate video and camera shots. It's so funny the lengths we go to for those tiny little ones who have us in the palm of their hands.
Spencer loves Dora too. He loves a lot of stuff, but Dora is up there. In fact, one day he wanted me to get him a drink from down stairs and said, "Mom, vominos! (I can't spell in Spanish. I can barely spell in English, but I think you know what I mean.) My big kids HATE Dora and Diego though. I think they may be racist.
you have dora to contend with- i had barney- who's worse off???
Keep us posted Jordan...and have so much fun!
I just found your blog and it is really cute!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Land. Can I come? Have fun and I am sure your kids are going to have a blast.
Hey jordan,
I came across your blog from Beckys and I thought I would say hello...hope your doin well..
Is it un-American to hate Disneyland? If so, put me down in that column, anyway. What they bill as the happiest place on earth is code-speak for the most expensive place on earth. They are very clever there to market everything they can, get all your money, and make you wait in long, long lines so that you can only go on a few short rides after waiting interminable periods of time. Saying that, I'll be happy to take the grandkids there, since I do believe that kids love Disneyland. But that doesn't mean that adults have to love it, too.
So Disneyland was great and we definitely enjoyed the Princess land Alexis! When we asked L what she wanted to do all she said was "see the princesses." We bought her some little princess doll action figures and she's played with them non-stop this week.
Post a Comment