Monday, February 10

February 10, 2014

Today we went back to the Mayo Clinic Hospital.

Jake had an EEG or brain wave study at 8:00 am that lasted until 9:35 am.

Prior to the study they only wanted him to have four hours of sleep, so he slept from 2:00am - 6:00 am.

He laid on a cart and had metal discs attached to his head with a toothpaste like substance and then completed the test. They asked him questions, let him rest, and shined bright lights into his closed and open eyes.

We came home after that and he had a nice long nap.

At 2:00 pm we left to the outpatient Mayo Clinic facility where we met with a pulmonologist. In the full body CT scan they found some very very small less than a millimeter nodules in Jacob's lungs and wanted to be extra sure that they were nothing.

Thankfully, they are nothing.

The pulmonologist said he could barely even see what they were referring to on his scans and wished us luck in the real diagnosis ahead.

Thankfully, Jacob's first round of appointments were pain and stress free.

Wednesday is the big day. We will meet with the neurosurgeon and the neurooncologist and hear what they have to say about the growth, about a biopsy, about treatment plans, and hopefully get some answers to all of our questions.

Jacob's parents came down last Friday and will stay for as long as we need them. They are completely wonderful. They have been willing to do anything, they help in every way, and their presence is such a strength to both of us. They are the two people, next to myself, who love Jacob the most and I am so very grateful that they can be here and are willing to go through this experience with us.

I cannot express adequately in words how grateful we are for the support, prayers, love, and concern of so many of you. Every night before we go to bed we talk about the kind things people write, say, do, and communicate to us and it brings us to tears to feel so much love from those around us.

My mother in law quoted this scripture that I often find myself thinking of. It is from the Doctrine and Covenants section 121 and states:

My son, apeace be unto thy soul; thine badversity and thine afflictions shall be but a csmall moment;

 And then, if thou aendure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy bfoes.

 Thy afriends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

 10 Thou art not yet as Job; thy afriends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job.

We are not yet as Job and are grateful every day for our family and friends who stand by us and serve us with warm hearts and friendly hands.

Family and friends are a blessing from God.

12 comments:

Dave and Elise said...

10586I'm so glad they didn't find anything in his lungs! How did you guys only sleep from 2 until 6? I would be a zombie! I hope Jake can have a nice long nap with the throw-up monkey - J/K!

Vonnie said...

Thanks for the report, Jord. Our thoughts, prayers, fasting, and faith are with you, and we love you, Jake, and the girls. We are mindful of you, and know that Heavenly Father is, too.

vfr

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! I am so excited to hear that the first round of visits went well!! Your and Jakes examples of faiths and endurance are such a blessing! You guys are rock stars!

mrs. timberlake said...

Thank you for the update! Prayers and Pixie Dust your way for tomorrow~ Amy :)

eryka said...

I'm so glad that part went well. We can't wait to hear more good news! Sending our love and prayers.

Unknown said...

Aunt Helen and I along with all of Jake's cousins from this side have you and Jake constantly in our prayers. We know what it is like to face both the not knowing and the necessity of complete faith. When we exercise that complete faith as you are doing,we know that we are loved completely by Him. That speaks the peace to our souls. We empathize sympathize and love you both completely.

Lyn said...

Thank you for the update Jord! I know its a lot of ups and downs for you guys but hoping that tomorrow is filled with optimism. Love and hope and admiration are headed your way from us!

Lyn

Rebecs said...

I'm so glad you received some good news. It's wonderful you have Jake's parent's there. I'm sure they appreciate being included as I can imagine the fear and helplessness they feel as well. I hope you both feel peace and can get some rest tonight (hint, hint Thomas :) Praying tomorrow is a promising day for Jake and your sweet little family. Love you all.

Lee said...

Thanks for the report Jord- keep them coming. It helps a lot to know what's happening and how you guys are doing. You have so many people who love and support you and I'm sure that helps you deal with what life has dealt you right now. Hang in there- and know of my love and support.

Andelin said...

We DO stand by you guys! And love you lots! We will be thinking of you and praying for you Wednesday. Miss you, Jord. It stinks that we moved when we did. I wish we lived closer so I could help in more tangible ways. Love You lots, Bethany

Unknown said...

Jordan and Jacob,
We have been thinking any praying for you today We love you both so much!

Uncle David and Aunt Helen

Unknown said...

Jordan and Jacob,
We have been thinking any praying for you today We love you both so much!

Uncle David and Aunt Helen