Sunday, August 7

Ready or not...


I can't believe it is happening.

My first child is starting school this week.

I am excited, nervous, anxious, hopeful, worried, sad, grateful, and all over emotional.

I know it is a rite of passage, but I am surprised by how scary it is to entrust her to the care of someone else. I told J that "she has been with me my whole life" and that's how I feel. She's been with me my whole life as a mother and I couldn't be more grateful to have such a wonderful oldest child. I know this will be an adventure for all of us and that we'll learn and grow through the process.

And since she's destined to become a BYU Cougar someday I guess we'd better start that education thing sometime. Ready or not...school here we come!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Those pictures are precious! I'm going to be so sad when Sydney goes to kindergarten! I'll probably be a wreck. Good luck Lauren! She will love it!

Whitney said...

Seriously...I'm gonna be traumatized when that time comes! You're such a good mom. I love you, Jord!

Vonnie said...

She is the sweetest girl ever! I can't wait to hear every detail of the 1st day. Separations are hard. Trust me, I know. It's part of life, but still...

Claire said...

She will be great. She is kind of a genius already, and she is nice to others, so she will be fine!

Jenny said...

So exciting!! Lauren will do great!!

Kylee said...

Wow that's crazy!! She is getting so old! Keep hanging in there!

VFR said...

I'm excited to hear about the first day of kindy. Lauren will be a great student, destined to be the teacher's pet. She is ready to go, and she will enjoy it. Love the post, the pictures, and the sentiment.

Kristine said...

You can do it! I love the adorable pictures of Lauren. And she is well prepared for school because of the mothering she has received from you over the last 5 1/2 years.

Sarah said...

This week?! I can't believe these little blonde baby girls are starting kindergarten. Can't believe it! We still have 2 weeks before school starts, but I wish it was longer! I am sure Lauren will do so well and will love it. I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Katie said...

Just make sure you take a few tissues when you take little Miss L for her first day!
Maggies starts 1st grade on the 22nd and I am very very very sad. she will gone from 9-3:45. Lets not even talk about, I have seriously considered home schooling because the thought of my kids being with other people all day 5 days a week terrifies me! We will see though?!