Saturday, November 19

Is it a Mom thing?


I get holes in the knees of my jeans.

The right knee more than the left.

They are in almost every pair of pants I own.

My husband couldn't understand how I, an adult, manage to get holes in my knees.

So I walked him around the house and did a little play of my day.

{Kneel down} pick up toy
{Kneel down} hug crying child
{Kneel down} wipe up spill on floor
{Kneel down} collect laundry
{Kneel down} go through backpack
{Kneel down} fix a hair style
{Kneel down} do a chalk drawing on the sidewalk
{Kneel down} apply a band-aid
and not to forget {Kneel down} pray to make it through the day
{Kneel down} you get my drift...

Am I the only Mom who spends half of the day on her knees in holey jeans?

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I know how you can solve your problem. Wear yoga pants or some sort of lounge pant every day like me. We really only need to look pretty for church and date nights. Right? :)

Jill said...

All of my jeans that fit me currently have holes in the knee. It must be a mom thing!

Hayley said...

love me a pair of holey jeans! eric doesn't understand either how i can wear through them so fast.

Lyndzee said...

I have perfected the squat :) Not very pretty, but it saves the knees. Then again, holey jeans are in style, aren't they?

VFR said...

Good post, and good thoughts, Jord. I like the way you think and the way you write.

Sarah said...

I have the same problem! But it's my left knee that wears out in all of my jeans. Isn't that so funny? I swear mine wear out as fast as my kids. Love your observations, Jord :)

Jamie Jo said...

I get holes in my jeans and my pajama pants-which I wear around the house as I clean. Always one knee over the other at first. I've joked with Ryan that it's because I pray so much. ;)